New tool: Build a shared vision with your team
Google’s manager research found that setting a vision is an important behavior of high-scoring managers. A clear team vision helps team members know where they’re going, what to work on, and inspires them with a clear connection to the organization’s mission.
To help managers create a vision with their team, this group exercise helps to set a common language and create shared expectations. In the session, a manager works with their team to define key components of their vision by reflecting together on some of the following questions:
- Core values: what do we believe in?
- Purpose: why do we exist?
- Mission: what do we want to achieve?
- Strategy: how will we realize our mission?
- Goals: how do we plan to accomplish our strategies?
Still looking for more tips and tools to help develop and support your managers? Check out all of re:Work’s manager resources here.